Saturday, June 14, 2008

NTNU Digital Cinema movie theater in Trondheim


I had a chance to visit the Digital Cinema movie theater in Trondheim thanks to Prof. Andrew Perkis, a friend and colleague since many years. This visit was most impressive. In fact, as far as I can say, there is no other place in the world I am aware of where a university has access to a movie theater with several hundred seats, and featuring the most advanced 4K digital cinema projector ever built. In this sense, the Norwegian University of Science and Technology (NTNU) is ahead of everyone else, and deserves a big applause. Beside various research in very high quality audiovisual processing for entertainment, NTNU uses this facility also in medical imaging and telemedicine. Andrew and I, together with other faculties, post-docs and PhD students from NTNU have planned some fascinating research which makes use of this unique facility. I hope in near future, I will have an opportunity to report the results in my Blog.
I took a few pictures of my visit that you can consult at the following link:

http://picasaweb.google.com/Touradj.Ebrahimi/TrondheimDigitalCinema

No comments: